A stunning new
development from Herma
In co-operation with KBA-Metronic, Herma
has developed a pressure sensitive label that can be laser coded with incredible detail
but does not create toxic fumes, in fact it creates no fumes at all.
The patented process enables a white
(or preprinted in colors) label to be turned black by the laser without ablating (burning) the surface of the label.
The labels are wipe-resistant and scratch-proof
paper or OPP foil laminate labels
with a very robust construction.
Laser markable labels developed and
manufactured by Herma.
• paper or OPP foil laminate labels
• robust label composition
• suitable for use in damp environments
• range of adhesives
• excellent results with
KBA-Metronic K-1000 lasers
• high speed marking, on the fly.
right up to the leading label
with a KBA-Metronic
CO2 laser system (illustrated)
• wipe-resistant and scratch-proof
• print area up to 250 x 250mm
• no further consumables required
• label formats are simple to change and require
no engineering support
• codes right to the very last label (at the labeler beak)
challenge to most other technologies.
Ideal for the coding of product packaging,
outer cases and pallets
• printing packing and shipping codes
• coding batch and lot numbers
simplifying internal logistics
At a glance:
Summary of key benefits:
• codes fast and with precision
• reliable operation with minimal maintenance
• non-contact technology
• integration onto any production line
• variable data coding
• simple to operate
• network integration with camera systems for complete traceability
Can you believe a bug printed
on a label by a laser!!!